On Every Climb... Exercise and the Soul

I know I'm all about nature, reading, music and movie - everything kinda soulful and artsy...
But another of my biggest passions is also exercise. For about a decade I have been floating on the high that I get from working out.
 
I think that exercise isn't only good for the body, but also for the soul, and I find that it's really great for clearing my head and getting some creative juices flowing as well -  I get some of my best ideas during cardio sessions -(strength training, however is a little harder to get lost in).
 
Now, I believe in at least an hour five days a week - (though it took me about a year to work up to this).  I know that this amount of time is not for everybody... and I know getting started is hard, but believe me when I tell you that you'll never regret a workout - EVER!
 
 
 
I'm not going to tell you it's easy, or that it will be fun right away. You'll probably want to die at first, But one day, you'll be running, and suddenly you'll  realize that the part of yourself that used to get winded, the part of yourself that used to fret over tying on the sneaks, is somewhere way back in the dust. .
 
And you'll find -  undoubtedly, you will find -  that the missing part has only left room for the rest of you to grow and conquer.
 
So go on, child, stretch out that free spirit,
and take that wild heart for a run!

 
 

Comments

Popular Posts