Mockingjay. Explination of "Always" (Spolier Alert)

Maybe it's how fast I read these books, maybe it was just me, or maybe Suzanne Collins wanted the reader to go back and look for the question, or in this case the answer... to the meaning of Peeta's repetition of the word "always". I did remember that it took place in Katniss's room after she broke her heel in the beginning of Catching Fire. I thought it was when she was healing and spending time working on that book with Peeta, but I wasn't sure. I wasn't really even sure that the answer was in the second book. I thought it might be coming at the end of the third, but when I got there last night, and it wasn't revealed, I knew that I needed to go back and look. I really, really wanted to know what exactly what she had said or asked. I didn't know if anyone else had a question about this. Like many people who have read and enjoyed these books, I had almost immediately loaned the second book to my Mom. So I went back this morning and found the answer and so here you go:

"...but it's not safe and I can feel him slipping away, so I just get out one more sentence. "Stay with me."
As the tendrils of sleep syrup pull me down, I hear him whisper a word back but I don't catch it."   

This didn't appear as a quote in Goodreads, so I added it. I feel silly for being confused. Naturally, "always" had it's implications, but I needed to be sure. Funny, how two of my favorite quotes from these books are one word phrases. "Always" and "Real". Sigh. What ever will I read now?

Comments

Popular Posts